Sunday 4 August 2013

Bodiam Boating Station

What started out as a possibly disaterous weekend turned into a great one!

The girls had agreed to join us camping on the weekend and I had been looking forward to it for weeks. I had even booked Friday off to make it a long weekend. Since the campsite was only a few miles from Roger's work he took the motorhome to work Thursday morning so he could get everything set up by the time I arrived after work.

I called Roger from the road and rather wished I hadn't as he was thoroughly ticked off. He had arrived at the site to discover that a mistake had been made and someone else was in our double spot. Roger was furious that we were now parked facing the toilets. Trying to make sense of what he was saying I said to wait until I arrived to assess the situation before we decided what to do. The rest of the drive all I could think of was how I didn't want a confrontation, I wanted a nice quiet break.

I arrived about one hour later and Roger was so worked up that before I could get out of the car he said he wanted to go home. For those that don't know Roger, this was completely out of character for him as he is usually such a calm person. After speaking to the landlady who apologised profusely for the confusion, we agreed to move to a different pitch the next morning when the occupants vacated. This did not really appease Roger as he was upset that if we sat outside the motorhome we were looking at the toilets. After suggesting we turn the motorhome around so the door opened the other side he calmed down and the crisis was averted!

The next morning Roger took my car to work and when the new spot was vacant I moved the motorhome and got everything set up for the weekend.

The girls joined us that evening and stayed in a tent near the motorhome. We had a great time sitting around the new firepit they had bought us as an anniversary gift.

 

Saturday was very windy and the row boating we had planned to do in the afternnon was postponed until Sunday. We spent the entire day relaxing and talking.

Sunday we rented a row boat and spent a couple hours laughing as we tried to manouever the river before we headed home.

 

 

 

We all decided that we needed to plan more weekends away just like this one as we have a great time when we get together and life is too short!

 

No comments: